Geertjan is a DZone Zone Leader and has posted 468 posts at DZone. You can read more from them at their website. View Full User Profile

Video: Part 5 of an Introduction to the NetBeans APIs

11.18.2008

Here's part 5, covering the Nodes API and the Explorer & Property Sheet API via 3 small demos and a bit of explanation.

• Nodes API: Gives you a generic model that is suitable for a number of different Swing components, instead of requiring you to rewrite the model when you switch between different UI components.

• Explorer & Property Sheet API: Gives you the Swing components that are sensitive to models of the kind outlined above, which can be exchanged very simpy, thanks to the ExplorerManager that controls them.

Click here for off-line viewing.

Previous parts in this series:

Published at DZone with permission of its author, Geertjan Wielenga.
Tags:

Comments

Varun Nischal replied on Tue, 2008/11/18 - 8:57am

WOW, this is awesome way to begin exploring these API's? Now, I will see the other 4 videos as well. Thanks for your efforts!

Tushar Joshi replied on Tue, 2008/11/18 - 5:07pm

Thanks for the video tutorial.  They are proving helpful to me.  These tutorials have saved a lot of my time learning NetBeans platform.  Now the contents of the Rich Client book suddenly have started making sense to me.

I appreciate the efforts you have made to make the NetBeans platform easy to learn and implement.

with regards

Tushar Joshi, Nagpur

Gregor Kovac replied on Wed, 2008/11/19 - 1:48am

Nice. Nodes API is important.

Where can I grab this video for offline viewing?

Ashraf Fouad replied on Fri, 2008/11/21 - 11:48pm

Really thanks for the whole series of videos (Part 1 - 6), you are saving us a lot of time.

Could you please make this part 5, available for download offline as other parts (To be easier to share with other developers), as I tried to save the swf many times without success.

Thanks  in advance.

Ahmed Gaber replied on Wed, 2008/11/26 - 3:50pm

I just ask you to add the download link, I'm really need it

Geertjan Wielenga replied on Wed, 2008/11/26 - 6:36pm

Tried to find it, but seem to have lost it, just this one. Sorry, will keep looking for it. Currently on vacation, will have another look next week.

Ahmed Gaber replied on Thu, 2008/11/27 - 4:25pm

Ok, I'm still need it. I'll wait

Geertjan Wielenga replied on Thu, 2008/11/27 - 6:09pm

Well, maybe you won't get it.

Geertjan Wielenga replied on Sun, 2008/11/30 - 5:17pm

Found it, linked to it right below the screencast above. Let me know if you have problems with it.

Ahmed Gaber replied on Sat, 2008/12/06 - 2:55pm

Oh thanks greetjan,

no problems with it and hope you continue the series, because it fantistic

Eulana Twepo replied on Thu, 2012/06/21 - 11:59am

Have a very strong thesis. The donaire vs mathebula thesis is what will receive the heaviest consideration from your teacher, and can mean the difference between a technical trade school passing paper, and a great paper.

Jaime Dias replied on Sat, 2013/11/23 - 5:23pm

Exactly what I was searching for! Developing for Netbeans is way easier with its API's. Thanks for sharing it!

-Jaime Garcia Dias

Desmond Riverba... replied on Wed, 2014/01/22 - 11:40am

Depending on the breed of the dog that you have, there are three possible methods that can be used to dry clean the coat. They are cage drying method, the towel-dry method and the fluff-dry method. Drying the Coat

Commonwealth Towers replied on Mon, 2014/04/07 - 9:10pm

Excluding small units, prices in the central region fell 0.6 percent month-on-month, while the non-central region saw prices edge down 0.2 percent. three-room