NetBeans Podcast Episode #43
NetBeans podcast is back:
- 0:00 Why has it been so long since the last podcast?!? And an introduction of Geertjan and Lloyd
- 4:22 NetBeans IDE 6.1 was released! The multilanguage bits are available, as is the first set of patches.
- 15:50 NetBeans Day and JavaOne round-up: new and cool stuff, including the Pulse pen from Livescribe and the new browser plugin that is part of Java 6 update 10.
- 22:14 NetBeans IDE is now in the Ubuntu Universe
- 23:37 Enhancements to the NetBeans Plugin portal are now live
- 28:00 Upcoming events: Sun Tech Days Manila/NetBeans Deep Dive and NetBeans Day at Jazoon
- 30:00 NetBeans Innovator Grants project list
- 37:20 NetBeans Governance board elections - vote by June 9, 2008
- 38:09 Plugin of the podcast: JIRA plugin
- 38:53 RCP of the podcast: Prolog IDE
42:01 NetBeans Puzzler: If you think you know the answer to the new NetBeans Puzzler,
send an email to nbpodcast at netbeans dot org. Put "NetBeans Puzzler"
in the subject line. We will announce the prize winner on the next podcast -
so send in an entry! Disclaimer: The deadline for this podcast's puzzler
entries is Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 11:59 PM Greenwich Mean Time.
If more than one correct entry is received then Geertjan will draw one
winner at random. Sun employees are not eligible, void where prohibited
by law, and we cannot send mail to restricted places. And remember, the
questions might be getting harder, but the prizes are getting better. So
send in an entry! You might win a prize like Roger Westerlund, shown below
with his copy of Rich Client Programming:
- 46:53 Varun Nischal and Angad Singh are now working on improved XML Schema support
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)