News from the Kuwaiba Open Inventory System
According to the change log, these are the main features:
- Added preliminary User/Groups management support. (You can create users and groups, relate them and login using those credentials, but there's no privileges scheme yet.)
- The server and the client can reside in diferent computers. At login time you can choose a different WSDL location.
- Added toolbars and in general, the elements were rearranged.
- Inline edition for object nodes names.
- Multiple bugfixes.
- Built on top of the NetBeans Platform that is included in NetBeans IDE 6.9 (Build 201006101454).
- This version comes with three databases as described in the README file of the server package: kuwaibadb_empty.backup is a db with the classmetadata, but no objects created or containment hierarchy defined, kuwaibadb_container_hierarchy.backup is a db with a basic containment hierarchy defined and kuwaibadb_test_data.backup is the same as the previous one but with demo data inside. Use this if you want to get started with the system.
The default login/password is admin/kuwaiba but you can change it anytime using the user management section (Ctrl+U).
User/Group management and Attribute manager:
Navigation tree, properties, containment management, list management:
The server can be downloaded for here and the client from here. New documentation has been released as well. The User Manual can be downloaded here and an installation screencast is available here (audio in Spanish, subtitles in English!).
Don't forget to visit the project's web page for additional information on this open source system. For daily updates, follow us in twitter @kuwaiba
Next version is expected by the middle of September (0.2 alpha).
(Note: Opinions expressed in this article and its replies are the opinions of their respective authors and not those of DZone, Inc.)